Creating a custom menu in WordPress is a great way to organize and structure your website’s navigation. A custom menu allows you to create a list of links to different pages, posts, categories, and other content on your website. This can make it easier for your visitors to find what they’re looking for and can also help search engines understand the structure of your site. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the steps you need to take to create a custom menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance > Menus The first step in creating a custom menu is to go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress dashboard. This will take you to the Menus page where you can create and manage your menus.
- Create a new menu Once you’re on the Menus page, click the “Create a new menu” link to create a new menu. You’ll be prompted to give your menu a name and click “Create Menu” button.
- Add items to your menu Once you’ve created your menu, you can start adding items to it. You can add pages, posts, categories, custom links, and other content to your menu. Simply select the items you want to add and click the “Add to Menu” button. You can also drag and drop items to reorder them within the menu.
- Customize your menu Once you’ve added items to your menu, you can customize it further by adding sub-menus, customizing the links, and adding classes to the menu items. You can also change the layout and style of your menu by using the “Menu Settings” option.
- Assign the menu to a location Once you’re satisfied with your custom menu, you’ll need to assign it to a location on your website. You can do this by going to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations. Here you can select the menu you created and assign it to a specific location, such as the header or footer.
creating a custom menu in WordPress is easy and allows you to organize and structure your website’s navigation. With the ability to add pages, posts, categories, custom links, and other content, you can create a menu that perfectly fits your website’s structure and provides a better user experience. Remember to always test your menu before publishing it to ensure it’s working properly.