Google has announced the impending shutdown of websites created with Google Business Profile. This announcement has significant implications for small business owners and entrepreneurs who have relied on this platform to establish their online presence. In this post, we’ll delve into the details of this decision and guide you on how to navigate the changes effectively.
Come March 2024, websites built with Google Business Profile will face deactivation. Visitors attempting to access these sites will be automatically redirected to the associated Business profile. By June 10, 2024, all redirection services will cease, leading to a ‘page not found’ error for users attempting to visit your Google My Business website.
Understanding the Changes:
Commencing March 2024, websites built with Google Business Profile will be deactivated. Visitors attempting to access these sites will be redirected to the associated Business profile. By June 10, 2024, all redirection services will be terminated, leading to a ‘page not found’ error for users trying to access your Google My Business website.
Who Will be Affected?
This change will impact businesses with websites created using Google Business Profile or a Google My Business account. Sites with addresses ending in business.site and negocio.site will have their website field on the Business profile cleared.
Steps to Take if You Will be Impacted:
- Find a Reliable Web Hosting Company:
- Look for a reputable web hosting company that allows you to create a custom domain name for your new website. Digital Navnit can assist you in finding the right hosting solution.
Create Your New Website:
- With our expertise in web design, we can help you build a visually appealing and user-friendly website that aligns with your business goals.
Secure a Custom Domain:
- Digital Navnit can assist you in obtaining a custom domain name for your new website, ensuring a professional and recognizable online identity.
Log in to Your Hosting Account:
- Our team can guide you through the process of setting up a domain redirect or similar features in the hosting account settings.
Set Up Domain Redirect:
- Digital Navnit will ensure a smooth transition by configuring a domain redirect from your old Google Business Profile website to the new one.
Check and Update Business Information:
- Our experts can assist you in reviewing and updating your business information on the new website, reflecting any changes or additions.
Manage Ads Campaigns:
- If your Ads campaign is linked to your Google Business Profile website, we can help you link it to your new website or temporarily pause campaigns to avoid disruptions.
Monitor Key Dates:
- Stay informed about the important dates associated with the shutdown. Digital Navnit will keep you updated on deadlines and ensure a timely transition.
At Digital Navnit, we understand the challenges posed by the Google Business Profile website shutdown. Trust us to guide you through this transition, ensuring your online presence remains robust and uninterrupted. Contact us now to make a smooth switch and embrace the future of your online identity.
Google is making this change as part of its strategic decisions, and websites created using Google Business Profile will be deactivated starting March 2024.
If you have a website made with Google Business Profile or a Google My Business account, this change will impact you. Websites with addresses ending in business.site and negocio.site will be particularly affected.
If no action is taken by June 10, 2024, visitors attempting to access your Google Business Profile website will encounter a ‘page not found’ error.
Yes, it is advisable to set up a domain redirect from your old Google Business Profile website to your new website. This ensures a seamless transition for your visitors.
Look for a web hosting company that offers features such as custom domain names, server reliability, customer support, and security. Consider options like Bluehost, as mentioned in the blog post.
Yes, it is crucial to review and update your business information on the new website to reflect any changes or additions accurately.
Yes, it’s recommended to link your Ads campaign to your new website. Ensure this is done before March 1, 2024, to avoid disruptions.
March 2024 marks the start of website deactivation, with visitors redirected to the Business profile. By June 10, 2024, all redirection services will cease.
Q9: Why consider Bluehost and WordPress for the transition?
DigitalNavnit.COM can guide you through the entire process, from finding a reliable web hosting company to setting up domain redirects and ensuring a smooth transition for your online presence.